Current Precious Metal Prices

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sterling Silver Jewelry is Hot!

I read a few months ago that Sterling Silver jewelry has surpassed the popularity of Gold.  In other words, gold jewelry is for the old folks and Sterling is for the young and post-modern.  It seems that everybody is selling jewelry nowadays.  Everybody claims to have the finest around.  I don't know about that.  It all comes down to experience with the retailer and to a larger extent what your standards are.  If you can settle for cheap or being cheated, so be it.  I like Sterling Canyon myself.  I have bought a few items for the wife and never been disappointed.  I bought a bracelet there in April, and out of curiosity took it down to our jeweler.  He said it looked pretty good to him and wondered where I had bought it.  I told him.  I think he was hurt for me buying from someone besides him.  Besides the stamp 925 on the jewelry piece, he could tell it was real and not plated.  He said if the piece is heavy and not too large, it is probably plated.  You get that stuff from Macy's and Target.  Settle for cheap? Go to Macy's or Target.

No comments: